3/05/2014

The Angry Video Game Nerd

As much as I followed this guy over the years, I never "liked" him. Not for the things other people liked him for. Considering how long I've watched his channel, you can't say I didn't give him a chance.

He is not funny, his video editing is mediocre, his intro is just terrible, and he's hardly "angry"; and his bad acting skills are to blame.

I can't deny that James is a good and friendly person, as for very educated on the consoles and games he shows off, and that's really the only reason I still watch him. He knows his stuff, and I enjoy learning from him. But that's it.
And knowing what I know makes me wonder why so many people like him. Let's be honest, he is only 2% more talented than the widely-hated Irate Gamer, while the Irate Gamer is way better at editing than James is. And he is not the only one.

As I enjoy watching gameplay videos at Youtube, I've come across many, many people who are way better than James on every single aspect.

Is it because James is the first on Youtube to act "angry" about games and make a show around it? That can't be true, can it?
But let's assume it is; would a new concept really blind people from the fact it's badly performed, just because it's new? Then why do people still like him today?
I've never seen a negative comment on any of his reviews, and I find that just surprising. Youtube is a site filled with hating assholes. But his fans call him funny, and claim to feel his (fake and acted) rage, but if I had to focus on his jokes and yelling alone, I'd just be bored.
I can only remember him ever making 2 jokes I really liked; and if you can remember the jokes you liked, then that doesn't mean much good. But the worst part of his videos by far are the pointless costumed fights that tend to occupy most of the review's duration.


All in all, James doesn't blow me away as a comedian or an entertainer, but he is a good game history teacher. But how did he get so famous?


No comments:

Post a Comment