5/19/2010

People who don't know Disney

My mother and I went out to buy some new pants a few months ago. When we arrived at the cash register, the cashier said we could pick out four keychains since we spent a certain amount of money; we had the choice between three different Cars-themed keychains and three different Disney Princesses-themed keychains. Well, since my brother's birthday was coming up, we chose three Cars keychains for him and one with a Disney princess for my little sister.

Since the one with Cinderella and Snowwhite looked like puke, I told her to "give me Jasmine".
On which the cashier replied: "Eh, who is Jasmine?".

It's not an obligation to know all the characters' names from every Disney movie ever created, but concerning her young age
you'd think she would know something about the classics.
I myself am a begin 90's child, so I was raised with all the Disney movies made in that year and all the years before. Lets say she simply never saw the movie Aladdin; was this girl seriously that clueless that she didn't even know who Cinderella and Snowwhite were and that way couldn't determine that the last keychain left would have to be "this Jasmine" I was asking for?
People don't seem to care about animated movies or cartoons in this age.

No comments:

Post a Comment