5/19/2010

Avatar

If I told you the plot was original, I would be lying.


A modern and upgraded version of Pocahontas is what I saw, and this movie teaches us that guys always get their chicks as long they have the biggest car. Or flying dinosaur-creature-thingy.

Even after miss Nightcrawler ditched her tied up man to die by the army's rockets, he's still interested in getting it on with the girl. But you'll have to realize he wouldn't have gone far if her mother didn't came to save him. And what did he ever do for her? Wasn't your girlfriend, who was just 2 metres away, supposed to save you?
So, she abandoned him and he has to prove himself to her and ALL the other aliens again just to get their attention and to motivate them to fight back. It's incredibly sad a stranger has to tell those creatures what to do; I would have figured out on my own from the beginning I had to get the Hell out of there when I'd see giant bulldozers driving through my forest.
But these blue Lemmings were too busy tying up two people who were trying to help them.

The thought that you can have your own "avatar" created from your DNA and one of the alien's is pretty awesome, though I failed to see the difference between 99% of the characters, just like a white person failing to see the differences between black people. And Asians.
The comment "It looks just like you" is nice to have, but honestly, when the guy in the tank next to it has the same nose and ass, I don't think it's very valid.
This movie has great battle scenes, though.

I'm still struggling with the decision wether to say this movie is overrated or not, since the avatar idea is a nice touch and it has a title to confuse anyone who watches too much Nickelodeon. But like I mentioned at the start, this is "Pocahontas" all over again. And apparently America still never learned about the issue with the Indians; and try to wipe out an entire nature-loving race from their own home land once again.

Charity isn't going to clean your conscience now, American swines.
No further comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment