3/30/2011

The Angry Video Game Nerd

A list of a few things I dislike about James:

1. If there's something I can't stand, it's when 80% of the video consists out of him and some guest/video game-character beating each other up. Apparently it's appreciated by most of the Youtube population, but when I want to see a game review, I don't need my time being wasted like this.
I'm not interested in seeing him and Bugs Bunny in an epic battle of life and death, I want to see how he sucks at playing the game.

2. The overdosis of swearing is also starting to get to me. Next to the fact most of his swears have something to do with what comes out of a person or animal's ass, or "what he'd rather do", this meaningless swearing isn't giving his videos any value and it's also not funny. The first video I saw where it really started to annoy me was his "Wizard of Oz" review and later it reminded me of his "Friday the 3rd" review.
What is the humor in a cutscene where someone says "fuckfuckfuckhahahalololfuckfuck" all the time or overuses the sentence-closer "you fucking nerd"?

3. I've been following the Angry Video Game Nerd for quite some time now, and I must say that the guy's reviews don't have the same "anger" like they used to have.
Now, I already thought James was a total fake, since he's just acting, after all, but now he seems to get bored with what he's doing.

4. The intro song is the most tedious thing I have to sit through everytime I watch one of his videos. Bad song and bad editing, I always try to skip this nonsense as soon the video loaded far enough for me to do so.

5. All of his fans are pigs. They are easily recognized on the internet, as they use the name "AVGN" in every one of their comments. Popular comments are:
"TOTAL AVGN RIPOFF!11!"
"Don't try to be like AVGN please."
"AVGN is a million times better than this shit, this is shitassfuckballs!"

According to them, anyone who dares to review a game is a direct James copy.

6. He just seems a very boring man. When looking at some of his deleted scenes, the video where the Nostalgia Critic plans a fight video with him, or just the regular recordings of him signing his awful merchandise at some store, he always looks like he doesn't want to be there. He's a very passive person and only acts when people demand it. Understandable, but it doesn't take the blandness away.
People can love people more if they're actually fun in real life.

7. As James isn't really an "angry" person in real life, has a terrible intro and bad video effects, I'm wondering who thought it was a good idea to hire him for television. His acting is decent, but it isn't like he ever had anything new to say. Most of the scripts go like "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING" and *drinks beer while shaking head*.
People should start seeing he didn't invent "reviewing games and getting angry" and that there are way better angry actors out there who can all write better scripts than him.

8. The so-called battle between him and the Nostalgia Critic is also rather confusing. Really, there's competition?

With this said, I also want to say I don't even hate the show that much. But the above elements I do.
If the Angry Video Game Nerd would keep on raging, changed his intro and wouldn't focus himself so much on the puppetshows, his videos would be way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment