11/03/2010

Anime

A little while ago I was reminded I hate anime and manga, as a boy approached me on the matter:
"Can you tell me why you hate anime?"

"Because it's cheap.
All the characters have the exact same faces, just a different eye/hair colour and hairdo.
And their mouths never match the words they're saying."
"But, It's not that bad drawing anime. You are really good at drawing anime and you should be an anime artist. I think should give it a shot."


"Just because I can doesn't mean I should.
I only draw manga when I'm trying to prove a point or make fanart for an anime I like. But I'm never really encouraged to draw manga just for the heck of it; entire Deviantart is already infested with uninspired manga art and I don't think I should add to that.


Especially in these days there's no value in this drawing style, at all. When people can't draw a cartoon character in its own true style, they always lower themselves in turning them into manga characters."


And this conversation says it all.
Now that doesn't mean I don't appreciate any anime series, but when talking about the style alone, it makes me puke.


3 comments:

  1. Well, sorry to say that when you are not ripping off of the styles of the Lion King and Ed Edd n Eddy, your art IS anime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee is right you truly are a dick by the way Dee's art is NOT drawn in anime it's drawn as the same style PROOF:deviantart/vampiremeerkat

    ReplyDelete