6/02/2011

"So, You’re A Cartoonist?"

This man is so boring. This man is so incredibly boring.

Tom Preston
is the creator of the "So, You’re A Cartoonist?"-series at Deviantart, and apparently many more comics and comicbooks I never found interesting enough to check out.
But "So, You’re A Cartoonist?" is the only
creation that keeps hitting the front page at Deviantart, so, either he doesn't draw anything else, or his other work is even duller. I can complain about the comic's quality as much as I want to, but these comics always get a preposterous amount of faves and positive comments. I really wonder why.
Every time I click his new-made crap, I'm just hoping it's funny. For once, let it be funny. But I'm disappointed every time.
And I'm not the only one; one of my friends who saw me clicking on one of his comics said the exact same thing.

He isn't funny. He isn't clever. Why are people telling him he i
s. He is 100 times worse than that other overrated comic artist named "Kevin Bolk". At least Mr. Bolk tries to make the subject of his comics interesting, even though the character he's supposed to represent looks like a 5-year-old.
Tom, on the other hand, has a boring art style and just a
really boring way of thinking, and stupid one-second-appearance characters, who weren't even funny in the beginning, get way too much credit.
I'm most likely just mad because I always have to do my best as an artist. I wish I got over a 1000 faves by just uploading a lazy 4-panel comic where all 4 panels are basicly the same image.
In the end, it's probably just jealousy. But it doesn't change the facts.


No comments:

Post a Comment